I got a new job about a month before Christmas, which accounts for my blogging inactivity for the last little while. To make up for it, I took some time to get some pictures together for your viewing pleasure. :) I hope to find more from before Christmas, but until then... these first two are pictures from last year before we jumped into the Christmas Holiday...
I was getting soo sick of Hannah's hair looking all scraggly and long, so I took a few chops at it while she was taking a bath and it came out looking pretty good! I love it shorter--we'll see when I let it grow out again. I'm actually really surprised at myself for not just wanting to do her hair everyday... I guess while I'm still trying to get used to two little kids running around, I've decided that stressing out about kids hair just wasn't a good idea. Good thing she's pretty cute as it is! :)
Charlie's such a little sweetie that I just have to take pictures of everything--even food rolling around in his mouth! :)
Yep, it was a pretty lame year for Christmas decor, but I have a feeling it will continue to be so until I have a house with storage, and, oh ya, AN INCOME to buy decorations in the first place! :) Ok, well I guess I did get that endtable for Christmas... But I get something for Christmas even on a med student budget, right?
Yeah, and speaking of an income--we were lucky enough to have enough of one to afford a new computer once ours popped out on us. Good thing electronics are getting a little cheaper!
Packham Family CHRISTMAS 2010
We had two weeks off for Christmas vacation, so we headed to Burley, ID for a few days to visit my parents. We had a great time, ate great food, played many fun games, and just enjoyed the time together.
Then we headed to Twin Falls to spend Christmas between my sisters Amy and Karen's apartments who just conveniently happen to live kitty-corner in the same apt. complex! It was alittle crowded, but perfect for our family's situation. Thanks for being such great hosts Welch's and Farnsworths! Everyone helped babysit my kids and made it such a welcome break for us! WE LOVE YOU GUYS and had such a great time!
Grandma Packham got the kids cute little pjs to open on Christmas Eve!! Super cute and so handy for all these DARN COLD nights back in Washington!
We got some SUPER EXCELLENT gifts this year, including that video camera which my parents got so we could record everything in our lives to always have later! SO nice! The kids got wonderful, educational gifts and all in all got spoiled rotten! We all did!
For some reason I didn't get a picture of it, but I will later. Katie made my parents a big fancy picture of the Logan temple and she made us one of the Idaho Falls temple! They're AMAZING! Thanks to everyone for a fun FUN Christmas. It was soo great to see everyone and spend some quality time with you!
White Family CHRISTMAS 2010
After visiting with my family for a week, we headed to Boise on Sunday to spend time with Jake's family for the next week. For some reason I didn't get any pictures of this either, but on our way down to Burley we broke trip in Boise to be there when Drew opened his mission call. THANKS SO MUCH FOR WAITING Drew! It was awesome to be there! He was called to:
DES MOINES, IA!!
We're soo excited for him! Heidi was called to AZ and has had so much success and such a good time that we're grateful for that they can stay in the states! CONGRATS DREW! We'll miss you but know that you'll be an AWESOME missionary! :) LOVE YA!
For Christmas Mom White gave the boys both straight razors. We had Drew for Christmas and so we topped the gift off with fancy Italian soap, a badger brush and a cup to mix up the soap in. The boys had a great time shaving together over the break.
I was pretty happy about it too because Jake had joined in the Testicular Cancer Awareness month at the school and had grown a nice, health beard. :) A lot of the kids decided to keep their beards until the actual end of the winter season, but I was happy to have an excuse to get rid of Jake's sooner. :)
Again, we were all spoiled this Christmas. The kids got a lot of cute clothes, VERY fun toys, house stuff, and even a FANCY North Face Jacket that Jake and I have wanted for me for a long time! LOVE it and and everything else! Thanks Whites! :)
I forgot to post this in one of the end pictures about Christmas Favorites. Hannah was CRAZY about snow and if she couldn't go play in it, she was always asking us to go round up some for her. She especially liked little snow balls in a bowl so she could enjoy it for a long time! So cute!
She has also been a little confused about the exact name of snow this year. I was telling her we could go and build a snowman when it first started snowing, but now she just calls snow "snowman". At first I was thinking she was really excited about buildling a snowman with me. Then I found out she just wanted to play in the snow. :)
Everyone had a great time playing in the snow. There was a ton of new snow all day, everyday, so it was a little more difficult and they didn't get to go down to Herrick Res and sled down the great runs... But they made the best of it and had a good time 4-Wheeling and being dragged in the man-made sleds of plastic water barrels cut in half. How creative! :)
This Charlie's FAVORITE thing right now. He's been asking this question for months now and I don't think he'll get tired of it any time soon. I love that cute little pointing finger! How precious! :)
THANKS for coming up and visiting Katie! We had a great time having you and always appreciate your help and energetic attitude! WE LOVE YOU and are so grateful that you love being part of our family and make the effort to visit as often as you do!
This trampoline time was pretty fun and both the kids had a blast, but poor Pa Pa White ended up with a nice bloody lip at the end. Hannah jumped right on his face and kneed him pretty good... Thanks for your sacrifice Grandpa and for loving the kids like you do! :)
I love that these kids have such a great time with their grandparents on both sides! Thanks to all of you for your efforts to stay close to our family and be a part of our kids lives! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
These guys took a trip to Bogus on Saturday and had a GREAT time night skiing/snowboarding and stayed right until closing at 10 pm. I'm so glad Jake had his outdoor time over the break so he could be ready to start school with no regrets or needs to be outdoors for awhile. That will make school and studying a lot easier for him. This is supposed to be one of the hardest semesters at PNWU, so he'll need it! Glad you had fun you guys!
She was also pretty good at colors and counting while we were with the families. They were impressed with how much they knew! ?Charlie is also getting pretty good at identifying body parts, e.i. nose, eyes, head, ears, teeth, tongue, etc... So cute! That always makes me feel a little better about being a good mom. Sometimes you wonder if you're teaching them as much as you should. (I'm not trying to brag, because they could definatly know more--I'm just happy they're learning well!) I have some pretty smart little kids and am grateful for them and how they've changed my life! What woud we do without eternal families?
Yep, Glendi always has her house looking FANTASTIC during Christmas time, and all year for that matter. We can see those Christmas lights the minute we turn onto their street and its always makes Christmas more fun and festive!:)
Thanks for an AMAZING CHRISTMAS Packhams and Whites!! We love you guys and are so grateful to be as close as we are! We are SO GRATEFUL for wonderful family! Thanks for all you do!
Hope all you readers had a Merry Christmas too! Love you all! :)
























2 comments:
you do such a good job with getting the pics to look so cute. Thanks for spending the time with us. We really love you guys and your kids. Sariah sleeps with the pics of Hannah and Charlie so she can be happy. Love ya!!!
Funny we both have huge posts after everything has slowed down :) thanks again! Glad you had such a fun break...you totally deserve it!
Post a Comment