Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting settled in Washington!

Here is the new toddler bunkbed we constructed for the kids.  Its actually pretty handy because Hannah sleeps in the top and is too scared to crawl down at night, so it keeps her nice and contained. :)  It will be fun to eventually paint- its just sanded and lightly stained, but that will work for now! Jake's just a little handy man!  Me too I guess--look at me working that skill saw! :)
Couldn't be more proud of this guy!!  He works so hard at school and is doing really well at everything!  He loves learning more about stuff he really enjoys and will be a GREAT doctor some day! 

We are always staying busy with our friends up here!  The only thing that will make leaving easier in two years is that everyone else will be leaving too--I would hate to leave these friends behind! :) 
Grandma White and Aunt Carley came to visit a few weeks ago.  One morning they just decided to come up and ended up staying almost a whole day longer than planned.  Altogether I think they were here for 3 1/2 days and we loved every minute of it!  Its always nice having adults around, especially when they help you babysit 3 kids! :)

I'm so glad I have this little pool--its come in handy so many times already!  Its getting to be a little colder now, so I'm sad we'll be putting it away soon.  Thankfully our sprinklers run out of control here, so we never have to worry about Hannah missing out on her water time.  Now we just have to worry about her clothes staying dry and keeping her healthy and warm! :)
This is one fun thing we have really enjoyed here in Yakima.  There is a park really close to us with ducks to feed all year round!  The kids love it and its a great walk to keep fit and keep the kids entertained, (and to keep my face really red!)
Yep, eating is a constant here in our house.  Charlie just can't get enough and Hannah just loves to be with everyone, so she eats too.  It gets a little messy, as is normal with kids this age, but I try to keep it as clean as possible (for both my sanity and Jake's...)  I'm so happy the kids aren't allergic to anything and aren't too picky of eaters (although that happens from time to time.) I guess I just need to keep it interesting...

Speaking of which, Jake and I want to be making healthier meals, so now that life has slowed down a little we're looking for healthy meals with leftovers so I can keep all my family fed.  Any ideas or recipes to share?  It will be nice to have more food around!

Thanks for keeping tabs on us!  Hope you're all doing well!

No comments: