Well, here is another long update of all we've been up to lately. We had a good time in Boise with Jake's family and friends. Jake spent a lot of the week shadowing Doctors for our Med school applications coming up soon. Later in the week Jake and I kinda celebrated our anniversary, but we just went around Boise instead of going up to the cabin in Cascade. (I'm not a big fan of long trips through canyons to places with no working bathrooms, especially during pregnancy! :) We had fun shopping around Boise. Some of the highlights included the Fancy Freeze shakes, lunch at Red Robin, and my new favorite flip flops from AE!! Jake spent our wedding/birthday money at Cabelas on a nice water filter that he can use while camping and in case of any future emergency... I'm glad we'll be prepared, but its just funny that those are the fun purchases for Jake. :) I love my self-reliance, preparation goo-ru! I should have taken pictures, but we forgot our camera! Here are some other random Boise pictures:

Hannah with Great Grandma White riding on the Deere toy that Great Grandparents Warner gave her. It has a little start up engine sound, working song, etc... and Hannah love its! It will be a favorite toy for many of our kids I'm sure!

This is dazed Hannah with her little friend Hadley. Hadley was born about 2 weeks before Hannah in the same hospital. (Seeing Nate and Melinda in St. Lukes made us want to switch hospitals--ours wasn't nearly as nice, and they had a great menu! Of course, who can enjoy good food on Magnesium...yeah, not me! Jake liked my left overs though!:)

Coloring eggs on Easter.

Little Hannah in her Easter Dress. Who's the cutest girl? :)
We also got to go to Heidi's graduation in the Egyptian Theatre in Boise. It was great and we're super proud of her. Now she'll go on to earn thousands while we struggle along in school for 7+ years... It will be worth it, but its fun seeing Heidi's degree get finished at least! Now onto the loan repayment--good luck Heidi! We love you!

Heidi is two over on the second row back-what a cutie!

While we were in Boise we took a short trip up to Cascade to check out the cabin. We haven't seen it in a long time, so we wanted to see all the changes. Here are some pictures:

Here is Jake's dad Chris standing on the front porch. You can access this from the loft and another bedroom on the top floor-it will be fun to have. This cabin has 4 porches/decks--they are an important part of the White's life. Most of the free family time we have at their house is spent on the porch, even in bad weather! These will be super fun!!

This is overlooking the great room. They're still in the processing of sheetrocking the house, but soon it will be taped, painted, carpeted and a little furnished, along with having working bathrooms! There will be 3 of them! In a cabin, won't that be crazy? The only cabin we're all used to is one with a bathroom not much bigger than a normal shower and only one queen bed! This cabin will have at least 5 bedrooms, the big loft, and another living/entertainment room on the bottom floor! How exciting! It will be fun to spend time up there because there are so many fun things to do, but having a nice place to come home and relax in. Glendi and I will probably take full advantage of the cabin while the kids are out being recreational. Old movies, a warm blanket, popcorn... here we come!!

They used concrete siding on the cabin and it looks great! Glendi is still putting together colors for the exterior and it sounds like it will look great!

How fun!! Can you see that back porch!! Its over 10' wide and once its fenced around and furnished it will be the most popular place in the cabin! Can't wait!

A beautiful little creek that runs through the cabin property! Kids will be playing in this like crazy!
So pretty! We are surrounded by forest behind the house, and its full of great trails! We love it!
Well, right before we left Boise we discovered why Hannah had been having such rough nights. She normally sleeps all through the night, but in Boise she woke up at least 2 times a night! I was going crazy! Come to find out, Hannah had a little tooth popping out! She has actually been pretty good tempered through the process still, but I guess it explains the massive fever/throwing up earlier in the week! I'm glad to finally understand the problem behind it all!
Once we got home I decided to try doing Hannahs hair AGAIN. All those dang baby hair pony tails are not worth the money--they don't hold anything. But I tried some of my own elastics and they worked great! I still like her hair down, but I thought I migh as well try it out. I've got to say--Hannah looks super cute in pig tails, but does that surprise anyone?! :) Here are some pictures of that:

This is probably the best picture to see her little piggies.. Don't they look soo tiny?


Just playing with her slipper.

Hannah with daddy! Some day soon we'll get her to say it!

Oh, how cute is my little family!?!

Ok, now to the big suprise!! If any of you are friends, family or friends on Facebook, this is old news, but still exciting-WE ARE HAVING A BOY! Can you believe it? At my 22 week apointment on Monday we had the ultrasound. It was so funny because it seems like it normally takes forever to find out the gender, but the instant she put the ultrasounder thing on my tummy we knew what we were having--so painfully obvious! She asked if we wanted to know, I looked at the screen and just couldn't believe it! The first boy on my side forever! My mom is from a family of all girls, my family had all girls, and the two grandkids are girls too! We finally broke the cycle! Now I just have to figure out how to raise one! I'm used to too many emotions ruling sibling interaction--good thing Jake will be there to help maintain balance! We are super excited for the little guy, especially after seeing Carrie's new baby boy Wesley! What a cutie--can't wait! I wonder what he'll look like though. I was sure Hannah would be blonde and bald forever, and look what I got! Now I'll expect another Hannah and get me! Either way I'll love him! We are thinking about naming him Charlie Jacob--I thought we'd never come up with a name! Here is the little ultrasound picture:

We are super excited for August--it just won't come soon enough. (I'm sure I'll be thinking that more every month-I sometimes forget just how uncomfortable pregnancy can be!) He's healthy and everything looks good--I'm so thankful for this and all the other blessings in my life!
We are so happy to be back in Rexburg for school this summer! It is already beautiful and Jake and I went on wonderful walk today. Then we came home and had our door open with the screen door shut and it was just great! We live in a basement apartment close to campus and the house above us is for sale, so we are responsible for yard care! It will be great to have a huge lawn to play in while take the yard work money off our rent! We plan on having BBQs and parties like crazy! It will be a great way to spend our first and last summer here in Rexburg!
Jake's semester should be a little easier this summer, although still really busy! He will be studying hard for the MCAT on top of his other responsibilities, so hopefully that goes well! We will be applying to Med Schools here in May and then again in September, so wish us luck and we'll keep you updated on the status! I'm so proud of all his hard work and his determination to provide a good life for the family. What a sweetie!
I'm thinking of starting a Masters Degree after this little boy has grown a little. I'll make another post about it later, but its soo fun to plan, especially seeing Jake move on in his schooling. It makes me slightly jealous that I didn't do more with my time in school... I love love LOVE being a stay at home mom with my cute little girl, but it will be fun to have a little school work to do on the side. I miss school-is that weird? Anyway, more about this later...
Well, I love you all and thanks for keeping up to date with our lives! We hope all is well for you--let us know how you are!
7 comments:
Congrats on the little boy! that's way fun! Hannah is getting so big! She's a cutie!
Yay a boy! that's awesome! good luck! We need to get together! i'm leaving next weekend for home and staying for 2 weeks so lets do something either this weekend or when i get back! thanks for the updates!!
Congrats on a BOY!!! Boys are the best!!(in my opinion, hmmm, I wonder why?:)) Looks like you've been having a lot of fun and I'm glad everything is going well with the babies. Hannah is so cute! Love the pig tails in her hair too!!
Laura,
Im so glad you told me how to leave a comment....CONGRATULATIONS on having a BOY! How exciting! We cant wait to welcome little Charlie!
Love Wendy Craig
Yeah, CONGRATS!! Thanks again for watching Connor the other day, I was so sad I didn't get to drop him off or come get him...we need to catch up! I will be home on Mon and Tues from 11-3 if you want to catch up...either we can come see you or you can come over. It is good to hear that everything is going so well!!
Laura seriously, don't be missing school. I'm sitting here at 10:30 trying to get Tess to sleep after taking a four hour test for school today. . .hopefully I'll be done someday and then I can miss it too! Ha ha. Let me know when you guys are coming to BL--Tess would love to play with Hannah, she always looks at her pictures and says "baby baby baby".
overweight dating site [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]actors alexis bledel and milo ventimiglia dating[/url] singles holidays http://loveepicentre.com/ dan t parker and personals
Post a Comment