Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 7th--Happy 2nd Anniversary to us!

Two wonderful years behind us...ETERNITY to go! :)
Its been 2 years-I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday we were dating! It has been such a great two years though. There are just so many good things about our marriage, I wouldn't even know where to start, so I will make a list of just 10 things that I love about my husband!! But there are so many more, so it will be hard! I love him so much and am so grateful for these past two years and look forward to the rest of our lives together! Thanks for everything Jake! I love you!


1-I love how he has helped me realize my potential to be a better person and really enjoy life. Before I tended to be negative and not see all the blessings around me. My life is so much richer with him in it.
2-I love how cute and thoughtful he is. He does so many nice and super cute things for me, and I just get even more crazy about him every time!
3-He is such a hard worker and so driven and motivated. That is really not me, so its nice to have inspiration around at all times. Although he really wants to accomplish a lot in life, his whole motivation behind it is to support his family, build up the church and be able to serve others. I am so lucky to be married to such a great man!
4-Family is #1!
5-He loves loves loves learning! From the day he could talk his parents said that all he did was ask questions about how everything works, why, etc... I guess thats why he knows most everything now. I can ask him about whatever is on my mind and he almost always has a very informative answer for me. Thats impressive! Who can remember that much information? I sure can't!
6-He loves the outdoors and has made me realize just how wonderful the world is. Before I never really appreciated nature, but being with Jake and seeing his love for it and the inspiration it gives him has awakened a new awareness in me too. And its just fun to be outside together!
7-He is so devoted to service. When he came to BYU-I he wanted to jump right into service programs. I detered that for awhile while we were dating, but he has always been very invovled since, and not just for his medical school applications, but for simply loving service. It really inspires me to be better. Also, he wants to be a doctor simply so that he can provide for the family and be able to serve others, as I mentioned before. What a good-hearted guy!
8-He is very devoted to church service. I am so proud to be married to a worthy preisthood holder that loves his callings and fulfills them the best he can. He works so hard in his bishopric right now, and although this keeps him away from home pretty often, I am so proud of him for doing what the Lord has asked of him so willingly.
9-I also love that he is so into self reliance. Who doesn't think its cool that Jake and my dad make their own cheese? He is making all these great plans for the future, some a little crazy, but all for the good of our family and community. He is so thrifty and conservative and I'm so happy to be married to him, especially in these difficult times and the ones to come.
10-I guess the last would have to be that he loves me! What an amazing thing, to love all the crazy things about me. He has stuck with me through the good and bad times and is just proud of me for improvement. He is also good at taking advice from me about becoming a better person. No wonder we were meant to get married--that REALLY IS the only way to achieve perfection in the next life. Thanks Jake for all you do!

Jake surprised me bigtime this anniversary! We have been planning our yearly anniversary activity, and so I guess I just forgot about the actual date! But I really spaced it and when I got back from Pocatello I walked into a clean apartment with this little setup waiting for me! Flowers, chocolate and the sweetest card! And all during a really hectic finals week! It means a lot that he remembered and was soo super thoughtful about it! (ps-He really prides himself that he remembered and got great gifts while I didn't do anything... I guess he deserves it, right?)

I LOVE YOU JAKE!

5 comments:

Erin L said...

happy anniversary! I can't believe its been two years. I remember going to your wedding. I cried more at yours than I did at my own, Dave is quick to remind me. I still remember a lot of what they said there, including, "marriage is like living in California. If you find a fault, don't dwell on it!"

Hubers said...

Happy Anniversary!! Thank goodness for righteous/loving husbands... Yay for yours!

Candice said...

Oh Laura! Happy Anniversary! It was fun to look at your photos and remember that day, it's almost like it was yesterday! :)
Jake is really such a good guy and I'm so glad you two found each other! (I mean, I'm glad that you found me and I found you, hahaha) I hope he does good in school so he can go to medical school and be a doctor.
And I'm sad that I couldn't instill the love of nature in you like Jake has. :( But I'm glad that your husband has done it!

Stephanie Madsen said...

aww how cute are the two of you!! we need to get together sometime. ALSO... CONGRATS on your 2nd child! Oh I didn't even know =) how fun!

Kym said...

You're pictures are beautiful! I love daffodils too! Hannah and her little cousin are so cute! Congrats on 2 years!! How ya been feeling lately?