Sunday, December 7, 2008

More Hannah Firsts, our New Apartment, and More!

Well, Hannah is growing--huge suprise to all of you with kids...Turns out they really do grow up fast! Before I know it I'll be trying to enforce curfew! :) This growing is evidenced by numerous things, one of them being the 11 hour nights she's been sleeping this last week. And on top of that she's been taking rather long naps during the day too! Also confirming her growth, she has had a lot of "firsts" just this week. Two of those are in the videos that follow. Enjoy and thanks for watching! :)

Hannah's 1st Bottle-holding



First Peek-a-Boos!
Ok, also a new thing that Hannah is doing--She is just going crazy with her tongue lately! Maybe its all these new flavors, but its just so cute because its really curved and she's always licking her cute little lips!
This is just a blackmail picture we're saving for the future when Hannah's being disobedient! :)Look at that chubby foot! Those little pigs are gonna pop off her foot if they grow anymore!
Ok, while I'm posting (a once-in-a-month event!) I better update you all on our housing situation. So, as most of you heard we lost our cleaning job here at Aspen, which also means our free housing is down the toilet... The really sad part about all this, other than we'll probably go bankrupt next week, is that we thought we would have to move out of our ward! We have LOVED the new ward we're in and looked forever to find an apartment in the ward boundaries. Well, we just found an apartment last Sunday and its in the ward and within a block of campus, so we're pretty excited about it! Although we will have to pay $425/mnth, we have a washer and dryer, some utilities, and the job of shoveling both driveways which will earn us $10/hr towards our rent each month! So, knowing the winters in Rexburg, we should do pretty well. Its a 1 bedroom apt., but it has the option of being a 3! We can't afford any more rooms, but the set up we'll have will be super nice and spacious, so it will work! The kitchen is huge!!!!!!!!, the bathroom is jinormous (with storage!!!!!) and the bedroom can fit all three of us comfortably!! Here are some pictures--nerdy I know. We were really blessed to find this so last minute!
Here is the house we will be living in. We'll be in the basement off to the right, and we even have our own little driveway! We live on Harvard street, so look for this house when you come to visit!
I can't believe it, my own washer and dryer!! It will be so nice not to have to pay with coins I don't have!! :) Look at all those shelves! I am so excited!!
Look at all the bathroom drawers!! I'm going to be in heaven!
This is just half the bedroom, but the highlight is that dresser! I know, nerdy again, but this is all so much better than what we normally have! Thank heavens this place is furnished! That will make it so much easier to get rid of all our big stuff and be able to move a lot easier! Thanks Chris and Glendi for coming to get all our big stuff! This is amazing--a lazy susan in our apartment!! Feels just like home!!
The kitchen! Can you believe all those cupboards!?! and counterspace?? Look at this pic of our free kitchen--I'm almost glad we're moving! Maybe I'll cook more, maybe...:) Notice that the most counter space we have is provided by our deep freeze...
I am so excited for this desk! I can't believe it, a designated place for our computer, cds and office stuff! And we have a little space for a dining table! Notice the nice chair on the floor with a broken leg...
Our front room! I'm used to the crazy colors and furnishings (thanks to Ideal Beach Resort:) so no problem!
Ok, so here are some other random pictures... I heart Christmas! I only wish I had more presents to wrap!
Some pictures of the sunset last night--amazing!! I will miss having the temple right across the street, thats for sure!

9 comments:

Megan and Erik said...

Your little one is getting big. She is so cute. By the way I just had to tell you that I totally saw that sunset yesterday and I about died it was so pretty. I am glad you at least got a picture of it because it was amazing!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Congrats! we're so glad you found a place!

The Mills said...

Laura,

Hey I love the pics, I love looking and you blog and seeing what Hannah is doing cause Avery is right behind her on things! It's great, Glendi keeps me updated all the time I love it! What are you doing for christmas?

Harris said...

It was so fun seeing you the other day! I am so glad you found housing and all....it looks like you will have a TON of space...SO NICE!! That sunset is amazing...and your little hannah is so so cute! i love the videos!!

Kym said...

I LOVE the videos and the pictures! How cute is she?!!I'm so glad you found somewhere to live. I'm envy your counter space in the kitchen!

Candice said...

Congrats on the new apartment! I'm so happy you guys found somewhere.
Hannah kills me! What a cute, happy baby. I love her laugh, babies are the cutest!

Candice said...

haha, the sentence above is supposed to be "I'm so happy you guys found somewhere to live."
Oh man, it's only been two days since the end of the semester and I'm already losing my writing skills. :(

Bryce and Valerie Waite said...

Wow Laura you do such a good job at keeping up on this blog. I love it and I wanted to wish you all a happy Christmas. It looks like you are doing well! Thanks for the update. Later

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I'm so glad you guys found a place and that you're still in the ward. The kitchen space will be so nice. We used to live at Aspen and then went into the 1 bedroom now and it's a lot better! I love sunsets!