Here is little Hannah squealing her heart out! She found her voice awhile ago, but she just discovered this high pitch yesterday! What a cutie! Don't mind all my baby talk....how embarassing. Thats actually one thing I never liked about being around babies was talking like that in front of other people, but with this baby of my own I just can't help it!
Here are some other pictures of what we've been doing lately. (NOTHING-thats why there are only a few pictures!) But this week will be eventful because Katie is coming up on Sunday-Tuesday, Drew my bro-in-law on Wednesday-Thursday, and Glendi and Heidi from Thursday through the weekend. Boy, I'm going to have to prepare myself for steady visitors--I haven't had those in awhile.
PREGNANCY
I went to my OB on Wednesday and everything is going great with the new little baby. I felt it for the first time on Tuesday the 17th, and that was right in my 17th week! I have felt something moving around inside for awhile, but I actually felt a kick! How exciting! Jake was a little nervous about it though because now I'll be trying to get him to feel it kick forever. (I always make Jake be quiet and feel the baby...:) Anyway, its great to feel the baby because now I know its alive. Its hard just finishing a pregnancy and being used to feeling a life inside and then being pregnant again and not feeling anything-I'm so glad to have movement back!
But let me tell you, this pregnancy is not as easy as it was in the beginning. I think that since I had Hannah already, my stomach is used to stretching, and so I'm alittle bigger and I'm having a harder time carrying it. My back is starting to hurt and my stomach muscles ache all the time. I have a really hard time sleeping already! I woke up this morning early because I was so hungry and any way I slept was making my stomach hurt more! It is actually getting worse than my first pregnancy was near the end! I guess its about time though--the beginning was too good to be true. I am getting worried about the rest of the pregnancy because I still have half of it left and I'm already having a hard time functioning and watching Hannah. And on top of those problems I am DEAD TIRED ALL THE TIME and I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING TO EAT EVER! I get so sick because I never have anything filling to eat!! I try to cook more, but there's always something holding the process up, whether its Hannah, my stomach aching, etc... And now I am starting to get sick and tired moving around too much, and so I have to lay down for awhile so I don't puck. Then I get a headache because I'm not doing anything--its a continous, depressing cycle. I am actually looking forward to having a break for a year or two after I have this second baby. I love these babies, but the pregnancy isn't so fun anymore, especially with everything else I have to do.
We find out on April 20th what we're having. Who knows what it will be, but we're super excited for either. Still clueless on the names... I'll post the results and all my new ultrasound pics when I get them--so excited!
HANNAH
Well, she's getting more mobile, thats for sure. She's been scooting on her hands and rolling everywhere for awhile, but I think I caught her pushing around with her legs today and just a few days ago--she might be crawling soon. She sure talks alot too! She's super cute all the time and we have such fun playing with her. I once had a friend tell me that they could just play with their baby all day--I didn't think it was possible, but it is! We love her so much and are so happy to have her in our lives. She will be such a fun older sister and I'm so happy she'll have a playmate soon! Now we just have to teach her how to share and be soft...yeah.
SCHOOL
Jake is finsihing off his Winter semester here in 3 weeks and then we're off to Boise for a week. It will be good to see the family and get a little relaxing time in. Jake will be shadowing a dentist in Middleton for about 3 whole days, so it will be almost just like home-No Jake! It will be nice to see him in the morning and at night though. My sister-in-law Heidi is graduating from Dental Hygiene school on April 18th--GO HEIDI! We're so proud of her and think she's amazing. She'll do so well for herself! My sister-in-law Carley got into the Nursing program here at BYU-Idaho too, so we're super proud of both of them!
We will be coming back to start school again April 20th and then finish off in July--perfect time for the 7 week break before Fall semster! Thats when this new baby should come. It will be so nice not having to worry about Jake's schooling in the mean time. Jake will go to school this summer, Fall and then Winter 2010 and should graduate that April with his Biology degree and minor in Chemistry. We are actually applying for dental schools at the end of this semester. If we get in it will be so perfect because we'll be off to school in the Fall of 2010-right after we graduate. If we apply to Med school, which we still might, we would have to wait another 2 years, so we're really praying for this! Jake will be taking the DAT sometime soon, so he's going to study hard for that on top of all his other subjects. We are really excited about the future--especially the possibility of finishing in 4 years after his bachelors! That would be so crazy to be able to settle down right when Hannah should be starting school! Wish us luck!
Well, hope all is well for all of you! Thanks for reading and have a great day!
7 comments:
I totally know how you're feeling pregnancy wise. One thing I learned having babies so close together - make sure you lift things and Hannah the right way - with your legs NOT your back. I ended up going to physical therapy for my back during my 3rd pregnancy - I could hardly walk it hurt so bad. It was all because I was lifting the other kids with my back and not with my legs. It's annoying to have to squat down to pick the kids up and a lot more work on your legs, but it's worth it to be able to walk!
Yeah Seth is planning on joining the army. He has a few more pounds to lose before he can enlist, but that's the plan. Lose the pounds and then enlist.
The boys and I will at least hopefully be at Mark's wedding. As far as Seth it all depends on when he leaves for basic training which of course all depends on when he can lose the weight he needs to to be able to enlist. It will be fun to see you guys and meet little Hannah!
What a fun update! Sounds like you will be BUSY this next week!! GOOD LUCK! Hannah is so cute, I love all your pics and videos!! We need to get together when you have a spare sec you aren't feeling yucky! I have to admit I am jealous you are feeling your baby...I SO miss that feeling!!
Hey! Your little Hannah is so adorable! I miss Hayley being a little baby. I am sorry you are having a hard time with this pregnancy. I hope you feel better. That fruit pizza looks so good! I have never even heard of one before. You should give me the recipie. Well I hope you feel better some what!
Nice update! Hannah is getting so big!! i love the video!! well i have to say thanks, sometimes i get baby hungry, even though i'm not READY to have another one yet, and i know that, but sometimes i still get baby hungry and i was starting to when you were writing stuff about the baby moving and stuff but then you went into all the HARD stuff with pregnancy and the baby hunger just left, i am SO glad!! You always forget how hard it is until you are pregnant and then you can't take it back! :) i know you will enjoy your long break after the second one! i am!! just don't let yourself get baby hungry in the middle!! ha!
Laura, that video of Hannah is so funny! My mom watched it with me and she said Hannah was purring like a cat. :D hahahaha! HOW CUTE!
And good job on the stroller. 12 bucks at the DI! You should get a medal.
We should definitely plan more trips to "home" this summer. I actually am investigating a job that might keep me there a couple of days a week. I'll have to tell you about it. :)
She is such a doll! I agree that it's so weird to feel your baby and then not feel it after you've had it. I miss that feeling. Being a mom is the greatest ever!! Hope you feel a little better with your pregnancy and I'm dang excited to find out what you're having!
Thanks for the update. I have to say that's the prettiest fruit pizza I've ever seen! I'm sorry you're not feeling well!!! I hope it gets better!
Post a Comment