Ya, I know, big surprise! We’re just as surprised as you are! I figured this news might take some explaining , so I thought that posting a note on Facebook should just about do it. :) Here it goes!
So-alittle history first… Just after Jake and I were married I started having pretty severe sinus problems that I’m still dealing with now. When I became pregnant with Hannah I had a really hard time with them, but we couldn’t do anything it because I was pregnant and couldn’t take any of the medicine or do any of the tests required to solve the sinus problems. Well, after we had Hannah we figured it was about time to get them taken care of. Our next step was a CT Scan, and we just couldn’t seem to find any price estimates within our budget. (Ya right-what budget! :) Well, on the 15th of January I was calling around and found a place in Pocatello that would do it for half the price of all the hospitals, and so I set up an appointment for that very next day. I called Jake so excited, and started off my conversation with, “Guess what? I’m pregnant!” He was actually really excited and when I told him I was kidding he wasn’t very happy with me… He was defiantly excited about the CT price though. Well, that night I decided I had better take a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn’t pregnant. I’d been having some issues previously that made me wonder if I was pregnant the last few months, but two pregnancy tests (Nov. and Dec.) confirmed that I wasn’t, but I just wanted to make sure. Well, the test read a definite positive!! I was SO SHOCKED!! I didn’t know what to do! I figured I must have been just a few weeks along considering the last test I had taken was back in December. Well, I called Jake again, just three hours after my last phone call, and said, “You’ll never guess…” and he got frustrated again after my little prank earlier and just made me tell him. He didn’t believe me at first, and we both just sat there dumbfounded for a second. I thought it was pretty ironic that I joked earlier that I was pregnant and then called back hours later and said that I actually was. That just doesn’t happen every day! :)
Well, I had to call and cancel my long-anticipated CT scan and set up an appointment that following Monday with my OB. Of course, over that weekend we had to tell the family about the baby news because we had called and told them all about the great CT price, and they would be suspicious if we just canceled our appointment and never got the scan we had been talking about for over a year. Everyone was surprised, but it wasn’t too much of a shock because Jake and I have loved having Hannah so much that we actually planned on another baby sometime soon after my sinuses were fixed. Anyway, we went to the doctor on Monday, a whole hour late for our appointment I might add, (pregnancy can really do a number on your memory I have discovered this go-round). We had our ultrasound and Jake and I were sure that we probably weren’t even pregnant because it all seemed so unreal. Well, soon we saw a little body with a head, little arms and legs, a strong heartbeat, and it was even moving!! That was definitely more than the little speck we were planning on seeing! Well, I asked the ultrasound lady how far along she guessed I was, and she said I was at least 2 MONTHS ALONG!!!!! That was probably the biggest surprise of this whole story!! It’s kinda cool because I had always wanted to be pregnant without knowing about it (that means I don’t get sick enough to notice!) I had actually been having different symptoms over those last two months, but not strong or regular enough to suspect anything. Well, turns out I was actually going to be 9 weeks the very next day, so that put me at almost 2 months and a week! So, our pregnancy was confirmed with almost a 1/3 of it over already!
Well, now a whole 1/3 of it is actually over and I just have the last 6 months to go! That is still a long time, but with keeping track of Hannah and Jake, that will be over with before I know it! Jake and I are really excited about this new baby. Really surprised of course, and kinda disappointed that we weren’t able to fix my sinus problems, but excited none the less. We actually went and saw a Chiropractor who was able to help my head a ton, so at least I’ll feel better that way during this pregnancy.
It’s really good that we were planning on a baby soon, because if we weren’t, this news might have been a little harder to take. Of course, Jake is a little nervous we’ll have a girl and a lot of sibling rivalry, and I’m nervous we might have a boy and have to get a whole new wardrobe to ship around with us when we move, but whatever happens will all be for the best! We’ll be happy with either! My due date is August 25th, my sister-in-law Heidi’s b-day, (happy b-day Heidi! :) and that will actually be perfect timing because it is during Jake’s 7 week break from school! He will be working here in Rexburg so we should be able to work everything out a lot easier than if he was going to school….I can’t imagine! With school, 20 hrs/week work, optional lab hours, bishopric responsibilities, and just plain study time, I don’t really get to see him much anyway. Throwing in the birth of another baby would just about do us all in! And if I have high blood pressure problems or the baby-blues again, I will definitely need to have him around! It will also be nice to be in Rexburg the whole time of the pregnancy. We left for the summer last year and I ended up having around 5 OBs total, with 2 brand new, never seen doctors, one during labor, and one delivering Hannah because my Doc in Boise went on vacation when she came! It will be so nice to have one doctor the whole pregnancy, 9weeks to delivery! It will be so weird having one doctor that actually knows what has been going on my whole pregnancy! :)
I am actually feeling great this pregnancy, although eating seems to be my biggest problem. I don’t feel hungry sometimes, so I don’t eat forever, then I get really sick and nauseated, and by then I really don’t want to eat anything at all. I have other little symptoms, but nothing to really complain about. I am so blessed that this pregnancy has turned out like it has, especially with already having a baby to take care of. Hannah is now 7 months old and growing up so fast! She will probably be crawling soon and I even taught her how to blow little burbles on my face after I do it to her! Its soo cute! We love her so much and are excited for her to have a sibling. She LOVES other babies and will really enjoy having another kid around to play with!
Any, I hope this update has you all a little more informed. Again, we’re really excited to have another baby! We will definitely be overwhelmed for awhile, but we’re still looking forward to the experience. I hope you are all doing well and thanks for reading and keeping up to date with our lives!
So-alittle history first… Just after Jake and I were married I started having pretty severe sinus problems that I’m still dealing with now. When I became pregnant with Hannah I had a really hard time with them, but we couldn’t do anything it because I was pregnant and couldn’t take any of the medicine or do any of the tests required to solve the sinus problems. Well, after we had Hannah we figured it was about time to get them taken care of. Our next step was a CT Scan, and we just couldn’t seem to find any price estimates within our budget. (Ya right-what budget! :) Well, on the 15th of January I was calling around and found a place in Pocatello that would do it for half the price of all the hospitals, and so I set up an appointment for that very next day. I called Jake so excited, and started off my conversation with, “Guess what? I’m pregnant!” He was actually really excited and when I told him I was kidding he wasn’t very happy with me… He was defiantly excited about the CT price though. Well, that night I decided I had better take a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn’t pregnant. I’d been having some issues previously that made me wonder if I was pregnant the last few months, but two pregnancy tests (Nov. and Dec.) confirmed that I wasn’t, but I just wanted to make sure. Well, the test read a definite positive!! I was SO SHOCKED!! I didn’t know what to do! I figured I must have been just a few weeks along considering the last test I had taken was back in December. Well, I called Jake again, just three hours after my last phone call, and said, “You’ll never guess…” and he got frustrated again after my little prank earlier and just made me tell him. He didn’t believe me at first, and we both just sat there dumbfounded for a second. I thought it was pretty ironic that I joked earlier that I was pregnant and then called back hours later and said that I actually was. That just doesn’t happen every day! :)
Well, I had to call and cancel my long-anticipated CT scan and set up an appointment that following Monday with my OB. Of course, over that weekend we had to tell the family about the baby news because we had called and told them all about the great CT price, and they would be suspicious if we just canceled our appointment and never got the scan we had been talking about for over a year. Everyone was surprised, but it wasn’t too much of a shock because Jake and I have loved having Hannah so much that we actually planned on another baby sometime soon after my sinuses were fixed. Anyway, we went to the doctor on Monday, a whole hour late for our appointment I might add, (pregnancy can really do a number on your memory I have discovered this go-round). We had our ultrasound and Jake and I were sure that we probably weren’t even pregnant because it all seemed so unreal. Well, soon we saw a little body with a head, little arms and legs, a strong heartbeat, and it was even moving!! That was definitely more than the little speck we were planning on seeing! Well, I asked the ultrasound lady how far along she guessed I was, and she said I was at least 2 MONTHS ALONG!!!!! That was probably the biggest surprise of this whole story!! It’s kinda cool because I had always wanted to be pregnant without knowing about it (that means I don’t get sick enough to notice!) I had actually been having different symptoms over those last two months, but not strong or regular enough to suspect anything. Well, turns out I was actually going to be 9 weeks the very next day, so that put me at almost 2 months and a week! So, our pregnancy was confirmed with almost a 1/3 of it over already!
Well, now a whole 1/3 of it is actually over and I just have the last 6 months to go! That is still a long time, but with keeping track of Hannah and Jake, that will be over with before I know it! Jake and I are really excited about this new baby. Really surprised of course, and kinda disappointed that we weren’t able to fix my sinus problems, but excited none the less. We actually went and saw a Chiropractor who was able to help my head a ton, so at least I’ll feel better that way during this pregnancy.
It’s really good that we were planning on a baby soon, because if we weren’t, this news might have been a little harder to take. Of course, Jake is a little nervous we’ll have a girl and a lot of sibling rivalry, and I’m nervous we might have a boy and have to get a whole new wardrobe to ship around with us when we move, but whatever happens will all be for the best! We’ll be happy with either! My due date is August 25th, my sister-in-law Heidi’s b-day, (happy b-day Heidi! :) and that will actually be perfect timing because it is during Jake’s 7 week break from school! He will be working here in Rexburg so we should be able to work everything out a lot easier than if he was going to school….I can’t imagine! With school, 20 hrs/week work, optional lab hours, bishopric responsibilities, and just plain study time, I don’t really get to see him much anyway. Throwing in the birth of another baby would just about do us all in! And if I have high blood pressure problems or the baby-blues again, I will definitely need to have him around! It will also be nice to be in Rexburg the whole time of the pregnancy. We left for the summer last year and I ended up having around 5 OBs total, with 2 brand new, never seen doctors, one during labor, and one delivering Hannah because my Doc in Boise went on vacation when she came! It will be so nice to have one doctor the whole pregnancy, 9weeks to delivery! It will be so weird having one doctor that actually knows what has been going on my whole pregnancy! :)
I am actually feeling great this pregnancy, although eating seems to be my biggest problem. I don’t feel hungry sometimes, so I don’t eat forever, then I get really sick and nauseated, and by then I really don’t want to eat anything at all. I have other little symptoms, but nothing to really complain about. I am so blessed that this pregnancy has turned out like it has, especially with already having a baby to take care of. Hannah is now 7 months old and growing up so fast! She will probably be crawling soon and I even taught her how to blow little burbles on my face after I do it to her! Its soo cute! We love her so much and are excited for her to have a sibling. She LOVES other babies and will really enjoy having another kid around to play with!
Any, I hope this update has you all a little more informed. Again, we’re really excited to have another baby! We will definitely be overwhelmed for awhile, but we’re still looking forward to the experience. I hope you are all doing well and thanks for reading and keeping up to date with our lives!
9 comments:
CONGRATS Laura!!!! I am so excited for you two!! That is great that you are already that far along! It will make it go by that much faster! (the second one goes by so fast anyways!!!) The first one keeps u running!! We are having our second boy in 10 weeks!!! Good Luck with everything!!
Lara
Wow!! congrats you guys!! that is so scary/exciting!! Good luck!! you have quite the load!!
What a surprise! I'm glad you planning on another one soon. This pregnancy will go soooo much faster keeping track of one baby already. I can't believe I'm almost 7 months!! I didn't get as sick with this one either, but it lasted a little longer I think. Hey, Tyler's B-day is Aug. 26th, and we love celebrating in summer, so that's a lot of fun! Wow, I'm really shocked and excited for you guys!! Whose your doctor, by the way?
Laura I am so happy when jake told me I was so excited, But I like your side of the story better! Thanks for the great update. I hope you get your internet figured out soon because if I don't see pictures of little Hanna soon I will go crazy! I miss you guys come visit sometime soon!
HOORAY!
I am so excited for you guys!! Devin is acutally jealous, he wishes that would happen with us. Yeah, who is your dr.? Also, Connor was born on Aug. 26th!! That would be awesome if your baby was born on the same day! CONGRATS!! We need to get together sometime, I haven't seen Hannah since she was 5 months old!!
What a pleasant surprise!! How exciting!! I'm glad you haven't been as sick this time around. I can't believe Hannah is growing so fast. It's like you blink and magically they are all grown up! Congratulations!!!
Couldn't happen to a better family! Congrats to Laura, Jake & Hannah...
Congrats Laura thats great! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment